Colorful Portrait, Limited Palette
Are you frustrated with mixing colors for your portraits?
Do you want to achieve a loose painterly look in your paintings?
If you answer "yes" to any one or both of these questions, then this class is for you!
You will use a limited palette to create portraits in a painterly style. You will use large brushes, and may even experiment with painting with a palette knife in a BONUS project!
What will you learn?
In this self-study course, you will:
- learn how to paint a FULL FIGURE;
- practice painting a three-quarter portrait;
- create colorful paintings with a limited palette of only four colors plus white;
- explore painting loosely with a big brush, and a palette knife;
- learn what color to best use for sketching and underpainting;
- practice making your drawing directly with paint;
- learn tips on how to making mud and keeping your colors fresh.
You will also get:
- support and constructive feedback from me;
- private Facebook group to share your work.
Who is this class for?
This course is for beginners and more experienced artists who want to experiment a painterly style of painting with a limited palette.
This is for you if:
- you want to create colorful paintings but feel overwhelmed by too many color choices;
- you want to learn to loosen up and experiment with a painterly style;
- you want to learn to paint the full figure.
$29 WITH LIFETIME ACCESS
What kind of supplies do I need?
- Artist grade oil paint (I use Gamblin) or Acrylic Paint (such as Golden) in the following colors:
- Flake White Replacement, or Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow Light
- Gold Ochre, or Yellow Ochre
- Cadmium Red Light
- Paynes Grey
- Plus these optional colors: Transparent Oxide Red and Sape Green
- Odorless Mineral Spirit such as Gamsol
- Galkye Lite (to speed up drying), or Linseed Oil, Liquin, Solvent Free Gel, or any medium for oil painting
- Paper Towels
- Palette Knife
- Assorted Brushes, including large to medium size bristle brush
STUDENTS' ARTWORKS FROM THE CLASS
In this Bonus project, you will use the same limited palette to paint a close-up portrait.
You will loosen up even more by exploring palette knife painting, and setting yourself a time limit to complete a portrait painting.
You won't need any extra art supplies for this.
ONLY $29 LIFETIME ACCESS
ALL VIDEOS DOWNLOADABLE